Thursday, April 3, 2008

Why I Love My Wife

I met Lisa on the first day of high school. She had moved into the school boundaries during the summer, and we had 7th period history together. On the first day of school, I saw her looking at me a few times. I couldn't figure out why this strikingly beautiful girl kept looking at me. She had bright blue eyes that burned into my memory the first time that I saw her. Being the mature 15 year old that I was, the most flirtatious thing that I could think up was, "Quit looking at me". To make a long story short, we soon became friends. It took me a while to build up the nerve to ask her out, but I finally did. We dated for part of our junior year. I even took her to Junior Prom. We were as in love as two high school kids could be.

Soon after Junior Prom, we were both called to be on the Seminary Council. At Alta High School, they have a rule the council members are not even allowed to go on a single date with any else on council. We were instructed that Lisa and I needed to be even more careful and avoid even the appearance of dating, because others knew that we liked each other already. We had several class together our senior year and spent several hours together every day because of that. After a while, we began to be annoyed by the other person's presence, because it was always awkward to be around each other. By the end of our senior year, we really didn't like each other at all. We both went our separate ways, never to talk again, if either of us had anything to say about it.

To make an even longer story shorter, Lisa and I found each other again three years after our graduation. I had returned from my mission, and Lisa had turned down three marriage proposals. Through serendipity, we began dating again on November 1st, and we were engaged to be married on December 5th of the same year. We were married two months later on February, 7 2004.

I am so grateful that she married me. She is so good to our little boy. I have never seen a child love a parent more that Logan loves Lisa. She is able to console him when he is seemingly inconsolable. She seems to always know what he needs, and when to give it to him. I am so glad that I can go to work every day, and never ever worry about Logan's safety or development. I know that Lisa puts her heart and soul into helping him grow and learn. I love her for that. She is so thoughtful. If you check out her blog, www.ateachermama.blogspot.com, you will see what I mean. She is always planning for things that we might need. She loves to share her ideas with other people. She serves everyone she can and loves them unconditionally. People love to be around her and they listen to what she has to say. She is a great cook and is always willing to whip something tasty up. She is patient. (Even though she won't agree with me on that one.) She is able to accept me as I am, but is able to help me strive to be a better person. I am so grateful to have her in my life.


4 comments:

Teacher Mama said...

Wow! That was a nice surprise to see this morning. I notice that you didn't tag me. Well, I tag myself. I will be writing my reasons for loving you in list form. I love you.

Frazier Family said...

That's a great post! (Great idea too) You didn't tag me either, but I might just have to follow Lisa's example and tag myself :) (I love Lisa too)

Soap Blaster said...

If people like getting tagged so much, I'll start serving it up. :-P

Lilli said...

I am glad that you found each other. I never knew that when Lisa was telling me about this boy in her History? or was it English? class that you two would end up married with an awesome little buddy boy! You two compliment each others strengths and she is so lucky to have you as you are her!