Wednesday, April 23, 2008

An American Idol Shocker!!!

I don't even want to attempt to do an entire American Idol review. I couldn't do it justice. If you want to be entertained by something like that, click here.

It wasn’t as shocking as the elimination of Michael Johns, but we didn’t imagine anyone except Brooke White, or Jason Castro would get the boot from American Idol this week.

Instead, Carly Smithson was shown the door.

Here is my theory on what has happened; At this point of the competition, every performer has their fan base. They couldn't make it this far without having a fairly good following. My wife is in love with Jason Castro, and even calls him her boyfriend. (Hopefully he is shorter than 5'10".) I am sure that there are hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of teenage girls that are in love with those steely blue eyes. Brooke White has also been a solid performer. Her sincerity and ability to connect with the audience has won her the heart of all the mothers that tune in every Tuesday and Wednesday.

As soon as those fans saw their idols stuggle mightily, they hopped on the phone lines. They continued dialing for the entire two hours that the lines were open. They knew that Brooke and Jason were in trouble. They blistered their thumbs by punching the dial key hundreds of times last night.

Transversely, Syesha Mercado and Carly Smithson were nothing short of perfect. They picked the perfect songs and delivered. Their fan base didn't feel the same urgency to vote. As a result, we had to say goodbye to Carly. While I don't think that she deserved to go from last week's performances; at this point, anyone can go any week.

Who will it be next time? Hopefully Castro is gone, so that I can take the number one spot as the man in Lisa's life again.

4 comments:

Teacher Mama said...

You are my boyfriend. I only love you. Jason is just my TV boyfriend.
Don't bring me hot chocolate more than once a month please. I am trying to be good.

Frazier Family said...

I agree...it was a shocker. That's why I love this show! (you realize you were the ones that got me hooked thank you very much!) We're already excited for Tuesday...what did you think of the office yesterday?

Harries Family said...

Dude, how are you 2nd place to dread-lock kid. Wow, Lisa might have more issues than she is letting on. J/K! I totally agree with your post.

Karin Affleck said...

Hi, Topher! This is a surprise message from your mother. How come there are so many pictures of Jazz players on this blog and not a single one of me? (ok...I'm jumping in...it's Boo...there are no jazz pictures on your blog :) Wait, I meant just plain basketball players. Love, Mom