Monday, March 17, 2008

Why Soap Blaster???

I am sure a few of you are wondering where I came up with the name Soap Blaster for my blog. Soap Blaster (usually shortened to Soap) was one of my nicknames growing up. Not many people know the origin, so here it is:

It was about 1985. I was three years old and still took baths at night with my older brother. He was five. (Insert joke here. I've heard them all.) One afternoon, I decided that I was finished with my bath and I got out of the tub. I thought that it would be really funny to take the clean clothes that my brother was going to put on, and throw them into the tub. He didn't think that it was very funny. He immediately jumped up and proceeded to come after me. I ran out of the bathroom, and he was right behind me. We were both stark naked, but because of my fear, and his anger, we didn't give it a second thought. We ran down the stairs and through the living room, where my parents were entertaining a few guests. I ran up another set of stairs and beelined it straight for my room. When I got there, I tried closing the door behind me, but my still furious (and naked) brother burst through the door before I could shut it. I jumped on my bed, possibly thinking that it would protect me. He pinned my feet up against the wall and over my head. I was trapped. There was no way out. I remember him asking me if I thought that I was funny. I was too scared to respond. Besides, I could barely breath because of the pressure on my stomach. I was laying with my back on the bed and my feet were being pressed to the wall and my knees to my chest. The pressure on my stomach forced whatever air was in there to escape. For lack of a more delicate term, I farted. Soapy water was expelled on his face. He ran out of my room screeming louder than I ever thought humanly possible. Needless to say I was very proud of myself and thought that I was extremly clever.

Years later, we still laugh about that day.

No comments: