Sunday, March 23, 2008

What a difference a year makes.

Last Easter was Logan's first Holiday. We went to St. George to spend the weekend with Lisa's extended family. He was five weeks old. He was still the tiny little baby that you can hold with one arm. He only slept, ate and pooped, just like most newborns. We still thought that he was extremely entertaining. Every little thing that he did was adorable. His little yawns, stretches, burps, and twitches were missed by no one. We were sure that he was the first baby to do any of those things.

Easter for him was just like any other day. He slept through most of church and ate the same thing that he always ate. (Thanks Mom) However, we enjoyed the party afterwards. I took Logan on the Easter Egg Hunt. I didn’t have much room to put candy in, because Logan took up most of the basket. He was just hanging out, enjoying the ride.

This year, we are in St. George again. Logan has grown up a lot. There was an Easter Egg Hunt yesterday. He wasn’t too into the hunt, but he loved the prize at the end. For the first time last night, we had a hard time getting him to eat regular food. If it wasn’t chocolate, he didn’t want it. I guess that’s what happens when you introduce fascinating or tasty things like that. I am sure that he is wondering why we won’t just feed him “the good stuff” all of the time.

Today, we had a second hunt. He knew what he was doing this time. When he found his first egg, he grabbed it and popped it open. He sat there, while the other kids were running around, and ate the contents of his egg. Then, he found another and did the same thing. We got some cute video of it. He was sticking marshmallows and jelly beans in his mouth faster than he could swallow them.

Hopefully, next year, he will know that it is better to collect all he can find, and then eat the candy. That way he will get even more, and then he can share some with his dad. :-D

4 comments:

ls said...

Hi Toph, it's Liz. I found your blog through the comment you left on your sister's blog and I loved reading your posts so far. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to talk John into starting a blog but maybe you can. I would have LOVED to see Logan popping open the eggs and eating the candy-- he's such a little smartie. I'm sad we couldn't be with you guys this weekend, but maybe we can all get together sometime this next week.

Oh, by the way, I thought John was crazy for saying no to tickets to the Jazz/Lakers game last week with you but then once the Jazz completely blew it I didn't feel so bad for him. :)

Frazier Family said...

It just gets funner from here! How's your trip been? It was fun to have you for "dinner" before you left. Michael Frazier always loves having an excuse for me to make that dinner :) ha ha! Michael Frazier! Love you!

Teacher Mama said...

Hey Love,

I'm glad you love being a daddy so much! Logan was really hilarious with the jellybeans too. I couldn't believe how fast he could pop open the eggs and scarf down all of the jelly beans inside. We have a cute buddy!

Aleena said...

Hey! I love that you have a blog. I loved reading about the 100 things about you. I feel like I know you better then Iknow myself! It was so good to see you and Lisa and meet little Logan. Thank you for everything you do!