Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My Buddy Logan


I just wanted to take a second and let everyone know how much I love my little boy. He just turned one a few weeks ago, and took his first steps on Sunday.

I was excited to be a dad, when we found out that Lisa was expecting. I never knew that it would be as cool as it is though. From the first moment that I laid eyes on him, I knew that I would step in front of a train for him. He didn't cry when he was born. He just grimmaced at the lights, and grunted his disapproval of having been relocated. He had dark brown hair, which has since fallen out and been replaced with the blondest hair there could be.

He has grown up so much in the last year. Watching him grow and develop has been so fun. His first smile. His first solid food. His first recognizable sound. The first time he waved at me. Crawling. Now Walking. There are so many things to mention. I am just so grateful to be his dad. I know that he has great things to do on this earth, but for now, it is up to Lisa and me to help him reach his potential.

He is such a friendly little guy. He loves meeting new people. When we walk in places where there are a lot of people, he will just look at everyone and wave. He is not afraid to make new friends or brighten someone's day with a smile.

He also loves his food. He will eat just about anything. Whenever he experiences a new taste, he takes the food out of his mouth and inspects it. Usually a laugh will follow and then he pops it right back in his mouth. He loves eating his baby oatmeal in the mornings. He also loves eating little crackers or bread. There isn't much that he refuses to eat, and we are usually done feeding him before he is totally full. Sometimes I wonder where his little body packs it all.

I am grateful to have him in my life. It is refreshing to know that there is someone that is always happy to see you. I always look forward to spending time with him after a difficult day. If anyone ever needs something to life their spirits, just let me know. I can always send you a picture of one of the cutest and happiest little guys in the world.

No comments: